Friday, February 15, 2013

A Very Bad and a Very Good Valentines Day

This year I was so excited for the big V-day. I had fun plans with fun friends that included food and a much awaited chick flick. These plans came to a halt at 2 am the morning of lovers day. I woke up with the worst sore throat of my life and a terrible ear ache. I was miserable! I suffered through the morning thinking that I could make it to the movie, but I was only getting worse. Every time I swallow (this is still a problem) it feels like a knife is slicing the sides of my throat. Yummy. Because of this, I've dehydrated myself even though I know its wrong. About 10 calories were consumed yesterday. I also made the mistake of sitting down in my hour long shower and then found that I was too weak to even get up. Needless to say, my plans were canceled. A friend I haven't even known very long was informed of my illness, and he sent over a masseuse to my house!!!! I seriously wanted to cry! Half because I hurt so bad and half because I was so grateful! That hour was the only time in my day that I didn't want to die. That act was probably the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me. Other acts of kindness were sent my way and I learned a different side of Valentines. A side that doesn't include eating your weight in chocolate, cheesy cards, or flowers. This side is about thoughtfulness and love for others. As an ending note, I somehow drove myself to the doctors today. He literally gasped when he looked in my mouth. Yep, I felt real gross. I'm now the proud owner of 10 days of Amoxicillin. My parents dropped by some Sonic ice for me and I've been able to swallow a few ramen noodles. I've lost 7 lbs (water weight) and my blood pressure was crazy low. Like 20 points both systolic and diastolic lower. No wonder I felt like I was going to die! So, that is my very good and very bad Valentines Day 2013.

No comments:

Post a Comment