Monday, March 11, 2013

Arizona 2013

Every year, I make my annual migration to visit my good friends who now call AZ home. After an insane amount of flight delays, I finally made it to the land of cacti and sun. It was such a fun weekend, but way too short. I always stay with Liz, one of my good friends from nursing school. Five years ago, we bonded over crazy teachers, foley catheter insertion skill induced stress, and long hours of studying. I only get to see her once a year, but we always pick up right where we left off. Thank you Devin and Liz for having me!

For something different this year, we went to the Olive Mill in Queen Creek. It was fun to see the small town version of AZ. We took a fun little tour, taste tested different kinds of olive oil, ate a yummy lunch, and met up with a good friend from the ship this summer. It was such a fun day and I'm now a semi-expert in all things olive oil.


Liz and I with our fancy olive oil purchase.

Cute phone case. Cute friend.

Liz and her hubby Devin have a sweet hook-up with a player on the Oakland A's and he got us free tickets for a spring training game. It was the most beautiful day that I can remember. I love love love baseball games. Hot dogs. People watching. My kind of a good day. 


Second best moment of the game was this guy. 


Best moment of the game. I'll let you decide what shape this pizza is. So funny!

I love this pic of Devin. He was dying!

Other blog worthy pics:

Dinner at Olive and Ivy.

Devin and Liz's child Louie. He grew on me a bit this trip and sure loved my lap! 

Love this girl!

On Monday, I spent the day with my old coworkers Ellen and Mariel. Ellen took me for a drive by of the new temple. It is beautiful! 


3rd floor friends + baby Sophie.

Until next year Arizona.


1 comment:

  1. Ohh i love this! SO glad you included the pic of me and phone... My hands look giant! Haha. And the crazy man at the game, what a riot! It was so great to have you as always. And just wasn't quite long enough. Im glad you keep coming back! Love ya friend. Foley cath friends forever! Hahaha

    ReplyDelete