Friday, March 1, 2013

This Week

1. Celebrated Mom's birthday with pedicures. Included in the price? Memorable Park City people watching. Man, there are some weirdos that call PC home....or their 5th home. 
2. I got sick again! I wanted to cry when the symptoms started rearing their ugly heads. I finished up my antibiotics on Monday from my Valentines illness, got a two day break, and the cycle started. Throbbing ears, cutting throat pain, and body aches. Back to the doctor I went.  I walked away with 10 more days of a different antibiotic, gauze and coban on my arm from a blood draw, and hopes that I wouldn't have to return for a good long while. For all my nursing friends: cross your fingers that 2 rounds of ABX in 2 weeks doesn't give me CDiff. 
3. Nice things happen to me when I get sick. Last time it was a home massage. This time a friend came to my house at 0700 after working all night with a witch remedy for my ears. I wanted to hurl at the smell of garlic, but my ears were signing her praises. Thanks Celeste! I stopped at Noodles and Company for the first time ever after my doctors visit in an effort to find food soft enough to swallow. I don't know if they felt bad for how horrifying I looked, but they handed me a rice crispy treat the size of my head that I had been eyeing on my way out the door. How nice is that? And last but not least, my roommate gave me gel nails last night while watching a movie. She's a pro...and she's not even Asian.
4. I'm going to Arizona today! Woot! Woot! This will be my 4th yearly migration south. Every year as March comes along, I can't turn down the sunny skies and the opportunity to see some great friends of mine. 

AZ 2012

No comments:

Post a Comment