Monday, June 24, 2013

5K, Idaho, and Summer Nights

I ran my first 5K! I was soooo nervous but I survived and finished with a smile on my face. I have few lofty goals for running this summer that I can't even believe as I'm typing this. I've never been a runner and I don't think I'll ever be very good, but it's been fun to work towards something and it's good for weight loss. Win. 
 After the race we signed up for a free "mini" hot air balloon ride. There was a bit of wind at the moment, so we had some difficulties getting up in the air. It was exciting! The getting out of the basket part was the best. The middle age guy helping got to feel each of us up whether he liked it or not. It was hilarious! 

Finally going up in the air.

Whit, Celeste, and I post run.
My good friend Charlotte invited me to come up to Boise with her for a half marathon her family was participating in. Cute little Dane accompanied us. I just love him. Char rocked the race and it was fun to get to know her family. I had few expectations for Boise and thought it would be a podunk town. I was wrong! It is a beautiful city and very urban feeling. I could totally live there. Thanks Char for the fun trip!

Dane. How cute is he?
I love this time of year. The weather has been beautiful so one weekend, we devoted our evenings to the outdoors. We headed up to Rock Canyon Park for a little picnic and enjoyed the people watching and sunset. 
 The next night, some lovelies from the ward came over to bask in the good weather after church. It was such a fun night full of bocci ball, red vines, and lots and lots of watermelon. 
 Joc and I attended our first Bee's game of the season. How we love them! We chowed down on obligatory hot dogs and ran into some old friends and caught up on life. Baseball, summer nights, Jocy, and my beloved hot dogs = a very good day.

No comments:

Post a Comment