Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Tuesday Tangents

1. A couple of weeks ago, I spotted mini Hostess doughnuts in the candy machine at work. This particular machine is tucked away and I don't think many people visit it. When I heard that Hostess was  going out of business, I almost cried! I'm sentimental like that. I can't remember the last time I had anything Hostess and I actually hate Twinkies, but I felt like I hadn't said a proper goodbye to the company that helped contribute to a significant ammount high school weight gain. I remember eating almost an entire box of doughnuts during EdNet (college classes over the TV) during my sophomore year. Anyway, I had been fighting the urge to buy a package but on Sunday, I finally gave in. Yes, I spend money on Sundays if I work. It turned out to be a good move because Sunday required some emotional eating and those waxy chocolate lovelies were just what I needed. Thank you Hostess. I'm glad I could bid you farewell with while gaining 2 lbs. 
2. Don't you just love seeing trees strapped to the tops of cars? It just screams Christmas cheer! I've never bought a real tree but I really want to just so I can strap it to the top of my roof.
3. Last night was my work's Christmas party. I helped plan a few parts of it including the superlative awards (most likely to, best dressed, etc). It was fun to collect and count the votes and see what we each thought of each other. The nice ones that you actually want to win such as: The nurse you'd like to take care of you or a family member or most helpful were hard to total up, because so many people were voted for. The winner of those categories didn't win by much. It felt good to see that my coworkers think so highly of each other. While counting the votes over the last couple weeks, I was noticing a startling trend. I was getting a lot of votes for one particular category. Some of the votes came from people who know me well and others not so much. It got to the point that I asked a couple of them if there was some weird pact to vote for me or something. I was getting votes for...wait for it...most likely to be married in 2013. What? I know, I know. I don't get it. It's no mystery to the floor that I don't date much, so I'm chalking it up to my coworkers feeling so bad for me that this is their effort to make it happen.
4. I loved Oprah a lot more before I started following her on twitter. Now she is driving me crazy. I don't understand most of what she talks about! I have a hard time admitting that. I had to delete her off my twitter feed. Sad day in my life.
5. This week so far: sporting an epic ugly sweater, 3 movie theater trips, a reuniting lunch with friends, 1 session of Body Pump, late nights (including this one),  & catching up on season 2 of Downton Abbey. To come: Dinner with a bestie, my first trip to Utah's first Trader Joe's, a couple of frostbite forming runs, the MoTabC Christmas concert, present wrapping, starting the 12 days of Christmas for someone who needs a boost, and planning a going-away party for a friend. Love this time of year!

No comments:

Post a Comment