Thursday, December 6, 2012

Very Slow Jogging-Like Movements in the Great Outdoors

I am a self professed running hater. Because of this, I've found other forms of exercise. Spinning, a weight lifting class, and I even bought a road bike. About a month ago, a running-lover (don't you want to hate those people?) friend made a trail sound so tempting, that I decided to give it a shot. The picture below is the trail during fall time. I'd do just about anything to crunch leaves. The crunch crunch sound under my trodding feet made running those first few times more tempting. 


I don't think I'll ever say that I love running but aren't these blurry i-phone pictures beautiful? I'd rather die than run on a treadmill. I have the attention span of a small house fly so I need lots of distractions when I'm "running". The great outdoors provides this. The cold winter air is also helpful to cut back on the gallons of sweat that I usually dump out of every pore and orifice when exercising. Yesterday's "run" felt great. My lungs had plenty of energy, the sky was couldy, and we discussed important world issues such as Gossip Girl and online dating. Just what I needed.


No comments:

Post a Comment