Monday, September 24, 2012

A Weekend in St. G

This past weekend was so much fun! My friend Whitney and I (we met on the Mercy hospital ship this summer) went to St. George to stay with our other Mercy friend Jenni. We got there super late on Friday night and woke up early Saturday to go hike Angels Landing. All week, I tried to psych myself up for the last part. The part where people have died and you have to hang on to a chain to not fall off. I'll do just about anything but I'm a klutz so I was a little worried. Anyway, Zions is BEAUTIFUL!!! Utah is just so dang pretty and I take it for granted. The hike was stunning and sweaty and full of good people watching. I made it to Scouts Landing and tried about 10 ft of the chain section and chickened out but brave Whitney kept going. I was not alone. There were so many people that didn't have the guts either. I made friends with a Dutch lady and laughed to myself at the crazy foreigners and a nut talking about California Condors for hours. Needless to say, I wasn't bored while waiting for Whit. I sent her with my camera so I can pretend I did the whole thing. The views from where I made it to were amazing and I'm completely satisfied with my hike! We made it back in time for a little swim for Whit and a short nap for me before going to Hairspray at the Tuacahn Amphitheater. It was so funny and we loved it! On Sunday, we went to the Brigham City temple dedication at Jen's singles ward and had dinner with her cute family. Our good friend Maren (also a Mercy friend) happened to be down in St. G with her family so we went and picked her up for a Sunday drive. Even with our best attempts, we didn't spot any polygamists but we did see an amazing sunset while overlooking the beautiful town. We met one last time for breakfast at my favorite St. George eatery---the Bearpaw. It was a great way to end the trip. Until next year St. George. 
On our way
Angels Landing Hike in Zions
The sign that scared me away from the top. I knew that people had died, but this sign informed me that 6 people have died since 2004. I knew my uncoordinated hiking skills could earn me a spot as #7 on the list.

Hairspray at Tuacahn

Such a funny guy! 

Sunday drive  

Sunset on Dixie Rock
Me and Brigham chillin in the park

No comments:

Post a Comment