Wednesday, September 12, 2012

September 11th

How did I spend my September 11th? By sleeping in, ordering 6 years worth of my photos online (I really need to get caught up on scrapbooking---understatement), meeting up with some Mercy friends for dinner at the Banana Leaf, and going to a late night showing of Spider Man (waking up after 4 hours of sleep for work reminded me that I'm not 19 any more!) at the dollar movies. While eating Sri Lankan food, a kid ran down University Ave. holding a large American flag. It was beautiful. Even if I think that Provo runners are a little cheesy at times. I love, love, love this country. If traveling as much as I have has taught me one thing, it would be that I'm so grateful for where I live. I feel safe, I have opportunities, and I have freedom. During a tour of the Killing Fields in Cambodia last month, I listened to an audio guided tour about the genocide that took place there in the 1970's. I felt physically ill as I listened to what those poor people went through at the hands of their own government. 48 hours later, I landed in the United States more relieved than ever to live here. Becoming such good friends with so many military people this summer also made me grateful for our servicemen and women. They sacrifice so much on our behalf and I have a new respect for them. Anyway, regardless of politics and my insanely high taxes, I love this place!

Our view on Center Street.


Getting our Curry on.
A little fuzzy. Love these girls! 
One last thing. A shout-out to my little sister: Happy 15th Reag! I love you!




No comments:

Post a Comment