Thursday, October 18, 2012

When Kayla Comes to Town

I met so many fun people on the ship this summer and Kayla aka Lt. Hortin was one of my favorites! She came to town last week to visit us Utah girls and I got to hang out with her for a day before I left for California. Krystal and I picked her up from the airport and below is her with her sweet sign. 


After a few glitches, we finally were on our way to Park City. Growing up so close, I rarely took advantage of the fun things to do there. We went to Park City Mountain Resort and rode the 2 Alpine Slides and the zip line. It was SO fun! Sad that it took a tourist coming to town to get me to go there. I was a wee bit nervous on the slides at first, but I got over it and had the best time! I resolve to go there more.




Krystal, Kayla, and I




After our adventures at the resort, we cruised Main Street (which brought back good high school memories) and found somewhere for dinner. We chose High West Brewery and it was delish. I had bison for the first time in my life. It was one of the best burgers ever! I felt like I still had bison running around in my stomach for the next 24 hours but it was worth it. After, we sped to Provo to pick up some pants that I HAD to have for my trip (the pants I mentioned in TT). It was a successful stop and Kayla and I joined Krystal as the proud new owners of some amazing stretchy pants. 


We then went to visit the rest of our ship friends who just all happened to be working that night in the ER. Love these girls!



No comments:

Post a Comment