Sunday, November 18, 2012

This Week

This past week was so much fun! I only have 2 insta pics to share, oh well. Wednesday I met up with my bf Jocy for our usual Zupas dinner chat session. Oh how we love Zupas. Oh how I love that girl. We rehash my lame life and catch up on recent facebook news or drama. She hadn't seen Pitch Perfect yet and I had to change that! It is seriously the funniest movie I've ever seen. We laughed the whole time and she even started crying cause she was laughing so hard. I can't wait to see it again! On Thursday I went to the gym early because I knew I'd have a sedentary day at the theater. I had talked my friend Celeste into an all day Twilight marathon at Thanksgiving Point. It started at 12:30 pm and ended at 12:01 am. We had tons of room in the theater and vegged out for 12 hours with our blankets and treats. I looked super ghetto as manifested in these pictures but I was all about comfort! The marathon flew by and before we knew it, the premier was on. I loved the new one. It was crazy intense for a bit. After it was over, I felt a little pit in my heart because a stage of my life is over. Bittersweet. I will miss my Twilight premiers. 



Friday, we had planned the ultimate wintery day. We started out with a short run on our trail in Spanish Fork. I thought I would hate cold weather running but it is actually perfect for me! I sweat more than the average obese male so the cool weather slows that process down. After a de-sweating shower, we hit up the brand new outlets at Traverse Mountain for their opening day. I scored at Under Armour with 4 things for $65. The other stores had lame sales but I was pretty satisfied! Side note: My Spanx are not near as tight as these pants! Under Armour is all about squeezing your fat so tight that it feels buff. Maybe if I wear them enough, my fat will magically turn into ripped muscle?!? Pressure works on rocks to make diamonds so why can't it work on my thighs? We ended the day with making an apple pie (did not help with the whole muscle creation). I'm no Betty Crocker but between the two of us, it turned out really good! I also was introduced to Duck Dynasty while we were waiting for it to bake. I will never be the same. Great show. Great camo. Great beards. Great example of southern hick.


Not such a good part of my week? I witnessed a hit and run! Long story short, a car sped past me going crazy fast, did not slow down enough to turn, barely missed a motorcycle, and hit a car at an intersection. I was able to turn around and make sure everyone was okay. The speeding car had already left the scene (after totaling the car it hit) but don't worry, I'm stalking the police website to see what this gem of a citizen looks like. Everyone was okay and only one lady had minor injuries. I filled out a police report and was on my way! I was so upset by it that I was shaking like a leaf. Scary! Also sad, none of the paramedics or firemen were cute! Such a letdown!

No comments:

Post a Comment