Monday, November 5, 2012

Halloween 2012

I love Halloween! I was scheduled to work this year and I was actually so excited! There was a fun group of people on the schedule and a lot of us dressed up. I contemplated what to be for a while and when I bought these sweet ears in Disneyland, I knew I had to be Minnie. The skirt caused me a lot of grief! I thought about sewing one, but I barely know what a sewing machine is, then I looked online and only found skank attire, so I decided to get my Martha on sans sewing machine. I went to Forever 21 and found a red mini skirt. I felt ridiculous even trying it on, but it worked! I cut out little dots from white glittery felt and attempted to glue them on. I quickly realized that the glue was a no go. (note: permanent fabric glue is not permanent when used on felt and cheap mini skirts) I quickly set about sewing a few stitches in the center of each little circle. 6 hours later, 1001 cuss words spoken, 6 episodes of Gossip Girl watched, I was done with those "damn dots" as I liked to call them. I loved the final result!

Notice the creepy floating heads in the background? More on that later.
Krystal (friend from the ship who now works in the ER) as a firecracker and I. Isn't that the cutest idea ever?
Some of the 3rd floor costumes. 
Krystal and Tilly (ship friends) in the ER. 
After work, my roommate and some friends went out to eat sporting our costumes. My roommate Steph had on some seriously creepy face latex and paint. It was NASTY.  We had a hard time keeping our appetites watching her eat. Sick.

Me, Steph (roomate), and Jenn.

The end!

No comments:

Post a Comment